Requirements and guidelines for passengers arriving to Russia
on international flights
According to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation №635-R of March 16, 2020 for the purpose of ensuring state security, protecting public health and non-proliferation of a new coronavirus infection entry to the territory of the Russian Federation is restricted until further notice.
The Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation № 1915-R of July 24, 2020 amended the decree № 635-R of March 16, 2020. Starting from August 1, 2020, Russia resumes international flights with Turkey, Tanzania, the United Kingdom, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and South Korea.
- Visas of all categories shall be issued only to citizens of these countries, as well as to persons who have a residence permit or any other document proving the right of permanent residence in Turkey, Tanzania, the United Kingdom, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Kazakhstan and South Korea.
- The issuance of tourist visas, including visas in the form of an electronic document, has also been temporarily suspended.
- Tour operators operating in the field of international inbound tourism, in the current situation, are able to postpone the dates of travel of foreign tourists with their consent.
- The 14-day quarantine regime has been removed for passengers arriving into Russia from the countries to which international flights will resume on August 1.
- Russian citizens arriving in Russia on regular or charter flights from India, will be required to complete a form on the public services website and then upload COVID-19 PCR-test results within three days of arrival. Passengers will also be required to complete a special form during the flight.
- Foreign citizens planning to fly into Russia, including transit passengers, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR-test result in order to check in and board the flight. Passengers must be tested within 72 hours of the flight departure. They will also be required to complete a special form during the flight.(Please note that Aeroflot only accepts results from PCR-method COVID-19 tests. No other test results, including antibody tests, will be accepted.)
- In Moscow, express PCR COVID-19 tests are available in Sheremetyevo and Vnukovo airports as well as in a number of state and private clinics.
- We kindly remind you that passengers are required to board the plane wearing facemasks and gloves and must wear them for the duration of the flight. For additional information about service procedures, please visit Aeroflot’s website
INFORMATION for foreign citizens willing to enter the Russian Federation for the purpose of medical treatment
The arrival of a foreign citizen in the Russian Federation for the purpose of treatment under the conditions of the restrictions adopted by the Russian Federation should be considered as urgent.
This information is valid under COVID-19 restrictions
1. A foreign citizen must choose a medical organization to receive medical services. A list of some medical organizations can be found on the website
2. After choosing a medical organization, you must contact its representatives.
3.Nowadays the following procedure is in force for processing documents for entry into the territory of the Russian Federation:
a) for citizens of foreign countries in respect of which a visa-free regime is in force, in conditions complicated by this epidemiological situation associated with a new coronavirus infection (COVID-19), in accordance with paragraph 1 of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 1511 dated June 6, 2020 -p a foreign citizens has the right to enter the Russian Federation for the purpose of treatment, provided that valid documents proving their identity and recognized by the Russian Federation in this capacity, and a visa or visa-free procedure in cases stipulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation, as well as documents (copies documents) issued by a medical organization confirming an invitation for treatment, indicating the time of treatment or documents (copies of documents) drawn up by the Ministry of Health of Russia,
- thus, after receiving documents issued by a medical organization confirming an invitation for treatment, indicating the time of treatment, a foreign citizen should apply for permission to enter the territory of the Russian Federation for treatment on the website of the Government of the Russian Federation
- documents issued by a medical organization; confirming the invitation for treatment, indicating the time of treatment (copies of documents) have also to be presented when crossing the border of the Russian Federation.
b) Regarding citizens of foreign countries who are not subject to the visa-free procedure for entering the Russian Federation, in case of a positive decision of a medical organization regarding the possibility of providing medical services to a foreign citizen in this medical organization, such a medical organization should contact the unit on migration issues of the territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia at the regional level with a request for an invitation to enter the Russian Federation of a foreign citizen or stateless person for the subsequent issuance of an ordinary business visa for the purpose of "treatment":
- the list of documents to be submitted along with the application, the procedure and terms for issuing an invitation are determined by clauses 24, 27, 62-82 and 122-131 of the Administrative Regulation of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation for the provision of public services for the registration and issuance of an invitation to enter the Russian Federation for foreign citizens and stateless persons, approved by order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia dated September 21, 2017 No. 735 (this information is posted on the official website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (мвд.рф) in the subsection "Legal information" of the section "For citizens");
- at the choice of the applicant, the invitation can be issued on paper or in the form of an electronic document;
- a formalized invitation is sent to a foreign citizen to apply to a diplomatic mission or a consular foreign office, where, on the basis of this invitation, the visa issuing is considered;
- when crossing the border of the Russian Federation, along with an identity document and a visa, it is necessary to present documents issued by a medical organization, confirming the invitation for treatment, indicating the time of treatment (copies of documents).
4. Additionally, we draw your attention to the fact that when planning a visit to the territory of the Russian Federation, one should take into account the current information on the epidemiological regime of the regions of the Russian Federation. Information can be found on the Rospotrebnadzor website
on new forms for temporary residence permit & permanent
residence permit of the Russian Federation
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs issued Decrees No. 407 dated June 08, 2020 and No. 417 dated June 11, 2020 which introduces new forms for temporary residence permit and permanent residence permit. The following application forms are accepted from July 17, 2020:
Temporary residence permit – Application form
Temporary residence permit – Application form (for minors)
Temporary residence permit – Close relatives and degree of kinship
Permanent residence permit – Application form
Permanent residence permit – Application form (for minors)
Permanent residence permit – Change of personal data
Permanent residence permit – Change of personal data (for minors)
Permanent residence permit – Next of kin
Permanent residence permit – Employment history